Thinking Inside the Box

     I'm a pretty decent wood butcher - have slapped together a compost bin, workbench, shelves, even an adirondack chair made of shipping pallets. But what I've never tried to do is a carpentry project that fits edges together snugly, where everything is perfectly square, and it looks somewhat decent (like a wood surgeon would do it?)
     So, after feeling restless and watching this video, in which Adam Savage claims to start going a bit nuts if he isn't regularly building something, I made it an afternoon project to construct a simple, clean, elegant wooden box.
    I must give infinite respect to my friends who are carpenters. It is an art that takes a lot of practice to do well. I feel like my box will hold up for a while, but it ain't the prettiest, nor the straightest thing in the world. All the same, I learned a bit while making it, so it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found you from Blogfrog.Thank you for sharing nice blog.Please visit My Community
    come on in,join in discussions, start one of your own, make new friends share your experience.I would live to hear from you.

    http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    Have a great day.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.